Who should attend?
Anyone whose work includes Manual Handling activities, i.e. the transporting or supporting of loads that include lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of heavy or awkward loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
On completion of this Manual Handling course participants will understand:
- What is manual handling
- The law and manual handling
- The Anatomy of the musculoskeletal system
- The Anatomy of the back and the spine
- Safe Manual handling Practices
- Ergonomics and Manual Handling
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting to and from a bench
- Team lifting