HACCP- Food Safety- Level Two
“Providing adequate food safety training to everyone who handles food in your business is a legal requirement for all food operating businesses. “
Providing adequate food safety training to everyone who handles food in your business is a legal requirement for all food operating businesses. Food safety training protects your customers from health risks, food poisoning, allergic reactions and other health risks that could occur from eating contaminated food. Employees who have completed Level 1 and are continuing to work in your food business, are required to have additional food safety skills. Level 2 provides information on the additional food safety skills that staff should be able to demonstrate within 3-12 months of commencing employment in your food business.
- Food Safety Legislation
- Types of bacteria and food- borne illnesses
- Food Hazards, Physical, Chemical & Biological.
- High and Low food risk activates
- Safe Food preparation, cooking, chilling, storage, and service
- Introduction to HACCP
- The Seven Principles of HACCP
- Applying a HACCP plan
- Purchasing and suppliers
- Transportation and Deliveries
- Food testing and sampling
- Record keeping and temperature control
- Pest Control & Waste Management
Basic Food Safety Level Two Certificates are awarded to all participants on successful completion of practical assessment & theory examination. Valid for 3-5 years.